Veteran right tackle Erick Winston had a salary discussion with the Chargers last month, hasn’t found a taker since the Chiefs released him March 6, Tom Krasovic of UT San Diego reports.
“It’s frustrating, because I’ve never really been in this situation,” Winston told SiriusXMSports.
Winston, 29, said the Chargers and he discussed money, “but things kind of fell through.”
The tackle was set to make $4.9 million in base salary before the Chiefs released him. He said he’s seeking $3 million to $4 million this year and isn’t asking for a long-term deal.
“I try to look at myself fairly," Winston said. "I don’t ever want to be one of those guys that looks at themselves and thinks they hung the moon.
“I still feel like I’m still playing at a pretty high level, and I feel I can contribute to a team.”
“I don’t think I’m asking for pie in the sky numbers," Winston said. "Middle of the road is fine. But, it’s also frustrating from the sense of, there's still a lot of teams with a lot of money to spend, but it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to spend it."
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg
Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org